Monday, June 21, 2010

10%

Discussed with my Elder Boy after Scholarship Result.

I : Have you noticed one thing about the Result?

EB : About?

I : How many got the Scholarship?

EB : 2.

I : That's right. Out of how many?

EB: 20.

I : Correct. How many percentage is that?

EB : 10%.

I : That's what I always remind you two.
Be the 'Top 10%' - do you know why?

EB : To get the Scholarship?

I : Well, it's a Bonus if you got that.
The Main reason is because you never know...
How good the Pool of people you are being compared.
So, you could be 'Top 10%' in a Pool of 'Bottom 10%'!

EB : That's not very nice then.

I ; That's right.
Also, you may not be in your top form sometimes.
So, it's essential that you're in 'Top 10%',
So that when you're Sick, Tired, Outperformed etc.
You could still at least be 'Top 20%'.
That's all I hope for!

Fate
Best Preparation for Worst Anticipation
www.fatesecrets.blogpsot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment