Monday, January 30, 2012

Game

Sometime ago,
While having his after school snack at home,
Elder Boy started talking.

EB : We played a very good game at school today.

I : Really?

EB : Yes, it's in our Geography lesson.

I : What's the game?

EB : Well, the class was divided into a few teams.
Each team was given a country name e.g. America.
Some teams were given scissors, papers, glues etc.
But each time was NOT given one particular tool.

I : And then?

EB :  Then the teacher started making 'Orders'.

I : 'Orders'?

EB : Yes, for example, if he ordered 4 circles,
We'd to cut some paper to make 4 circles.
Then sold them to him.

I : I see. You teacher would then give you money?

EB : Only faked money.

I : That should be fun.

EB : Yes. Because some teams running out of paper,
Some not having enough scissors etc. to make 'things'.
So teams negotiating how much to sell/buy tools.
Not paying too much or losing some profit.
Some trying to sell at high prices to make extra profit.

I : So, how to win this game?

EB : The team had most money at the end of lesson.

I : How's your team doing then?

EB : We're doing quite good actually.
Not the team making the most money.
Nor the team making the least.

I : So, what have you learnt from this game?

EB : I was too focused on one particular issue.
And forgetting to see a bigger picture.

I : What do you mean?

EB : Although I succeeded in NOT selling a tool,
But I missed out in making extra profit by selling it.
Because towards the end, there's NO demand for it!

I : I'm glad that you've learnt something that important.

EB : Another thing I've learnt is,
Timing is very important.
Our team might have won if I'd sold a tool sooner,
When the demands was very high.

Fate
Children Lean Best when they're Relax
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment