Friday, October 5, 2012

Councillor

After I picked him up from school,
Younger Boy started a chat.

YB : Did you know what happened today?

I : Something interesting?

YB : Yes, we'd an election.

I : An election?

YB : Yes.
We'd to elect someone to be in school council.

I : That's good.

YB : Do you think I had put myself up?

I : Hm.....I think you'd.

YB : That's right.

I : So, what did you & other candidates have to do?

YB : Well, we'd to make a speech to our class.

I : That's good. So, what did you say?

YB : Well, I'd told them why they should pick me,
'This's my last year at school,
I've never done it before,
And I've all the qualities to be a good councillor.'

I : Sounds convincing. But......
What exactly did you mean by 'all the qualities'?

YB : You should know.

I : Why should I know?

YB : Because you're an adult.

I : Alright, alright, assuming I know but in fact, I don't,
Do you think your classmates would know.....
What you meant by 'all the qualities'?

YB : They should know.

I : Why should they know?

YB : Because they must know - they've to pick one.

I : Alright, alright.
So, why do you want to be a councillor?

YB : You should know.

I : Me? Again? Should I?

YB : Yes, you should know.
Because I love.........collecting badges!

Fate
Children have Different but Great Ideas
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment