Friday, October 4, 2013

Giving

I always remind my boys,
They've to give back to community.
And I've been giving back too.

Amongst other things,
Helping at Elder (now Younger) Boy's,
School library for the last 2 1/2 years.

Other than normal library duty,
I enjoy stimulating students when free.
Like when one bought 2 pens, 1 glue...

I asked him how much he'd to pay me.
Then how much change I should give back.
All mental calculation.

Like when one borrowed a book.
I asked her how she found the story.
She replied the ending was a bit expected.

I then asked her if she was the author,
How she would have ended the story.
All fascinating imagination.

Like when one borrowed a finance book.
I asked him to describe Globalisation in 1 word.
All instant reaction.

Like when one prepared her uni interview.
I asked her to describe herself in 3 words.
All focus preparation.

And for the elderly.
At the Colyton Public Library.
http://www.devon.gov.uk/index/cultureheritage/libraries/yourlocallibrary/east_devon_libraries/colyton_library/events_at_colyton_library.htm

Terence
Giving gives a Great Feeling
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com
E : tlai1388@hotmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment