Monday, August 10, 2009

Beaten

My Younger Boy loves Playing.

Playing Lego, Playing Piano & Playing Chess.

So, I had a Chess game with him a few days ago.
Just like many other games I'd played with him before.
When being asked if I should give him some advantages like with one less Castle,
He replied "NO, just play normal this time."

Alright, so I did.
And so I'd.................................LOST!!!

I was beaten!
A 46-year-old man was beaten by his 6-year-old son!!

When I lost a castle, he was happy & jumping.
Then, I lost a Knight, a Bishop and then.....a Queen.
I saw him singing, saw him jumping.

And when he won, he was everywhere, jumping around, singing aloud!
A bit like New Year Celebration!

After him calming down, I then asked him why I'd lost the game.
He stated in a calm voice,
"Because you're Over-confident?"

Yes, I was.
I though it was a piece of cake to beat him.
Then I made not one but 4 major Mistakes.

"So what have you learnt from my defeat, my son?"

"Never Too Confident!"

Fate
Be Humble or to Tumble
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com
P.S. Just read the news over the weekend, looking at the Academic Assessment results of ALL schools in Queensland State. A Top school introduces Chess to All students (i.e. from Year 1), claiming that it helps children's development greatly like planning ahead, forming strategies etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment