Saturday, August 22, 2009

Curiosity

My Elder Boy was in trouble in May 08 when he just turned 9.

His Year 4 teacher told me he'd made a bad decision during the ICT lesson.
After giving me the details, she'd assured me my Elder Boy'd learnt a lesson.

I'd asked my Elder Boy for his Version.
His Version collaborated with his teacher's.

He was at the time thinking,

"What would happen if I typed in the 'F' word as the password?"

He'd learnt it the hard way.

The Whole Computer System at the school was down!

I advised his teacher my Elder Boy would NOT come to the class the following day.
As I'd take him to a special place to give him a Reminder.

I also advised the Primary School Head when pumping into her on our way out.
She stated,
"It may NOT be necessary for him NOT to come to school tomorrow.
It was only a Minor Issue."

I insisted,
"Minor Issue if NOT being dealt with promptly would soon become a Major Issue."
"He'll NOT be coming to school tomorrow for the Fun Friday. Thanks."

On returning home, I had a long chat with my Elder Boy.

I : Curiosity is Good in some sense. That's why we'd invented airplane, car etc.

B : Yes, I was only Curious what would happen if the "F" word was typed in as password.

I : But remember, Curiosity if NOT handled Properly could Destroy a person.

B: ........

I : Tomorrow I'm to take you to a place, showing you the Consequences of NOT handling Curiosity Properly.

So, we're in a local court the following day.
Inside a court room for 15 minutes.

I later asked my boys what was the case about.

B : Drug?

I : Yes. What had the man standing there done?

B : Sold Drug?

I : Yes. he was Curious about Drug when he's Young. But did NOT handle the Curiosity
well, ending up first taking it then selling it and now become a Career Criminal.

B :.........

I : I'd like to remind you two things, my boy.
First, think if it is the Right Thing to do.
Second, even if it's Right, think if it's the Right Time to do it there and then.
If in doubt, what you should do?

B : Ask?

I : Ask whom?

B : Ask you or Mum?

I : Yes, my son. Or some responsible adult, like a teacher.

B : Could I have my 20-minute weekly computer game allowance later today, please?

Children............Learn Quick!

Fate
Every Incident is a Learning Opportunity
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment