Thursday, August 30, 2012

VCR

During my recent 5-week trip to HK,
I had the chance to meet many people.
And I was pleasantly surprised by 2 fathers.

At an optical shop, the owner told me,
'I arranged books on shelf in a way as you'd suggested.
'My boy picked up books & just read them by himself.'

At a hotel cafe, an executive told me,
'I asked my boy interesting questions as you'd hinted.
'He enjoyed them & now ask me interesting questions.'

I was very happy.
Not because of  the fathers' praise,
But because of their VCR.

First, their Vision.
They understand how important a father's involvement is,
In a child's development, especially when the child is a boy.

Then, because of their Commitment.
Not just talking or thinking about it but Commit themselves.
They're DOING it - making it happen, making a difference.

And, of course, because of them doing it Regularly.
Doing it 1 day, 2 days is not the same as doing it EVERY day.
Have to do it Day in, Day out - that's what it's all about.

Because these fathers are Communicating with their boy,
Constantly Challenging their child etc.,
They're helping their child to develop the essential Life Skills.

So, I'm happy.
Happy to see more Happy Fathers, Happy Children around.
Making this world a Happier Place to hang around.

Fate
VCR Fathers Prepare Children Better
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment