Thursday, October 1, 2009

Winner

I took my boys for a Chess Tournament about a week ago.

My 6-year-old Younger Boy was particular excited.
This's his second time taking part in a tournament.

He was pretty relaxed when playing his 1st match.
Against a girl about 2 years older than him.
But then he broke the rule.

He showed the child sitting next to him how to move against his opponents.

I : You should be concentrated on your own game.
(Hinting that he should not interrupt another game)

B : I was only Helping others.

I : He learns More by thinking all by himself.

My Younger Boy won his 1st game.
Moved on to play another game.
Against another boy younger than him.

And.....he lost!

All because he broke the rule again!

I : Was he that good?

B : No. He kept making the wrong moves.

I : But he'djust beated you.

B : Yes, because I'd let him off.

I : How?

B : When I got his Queen, he was sad. So, I'd let him make another move instead.

I : O.K.

B : When I got his Rook, he was sad. So I'd let him make another move instead.

I : I'm proud of you, my boy. To me, you're a Winner.

B : Even though I'd lost?

I : Yes. Because you care about others.

B : Really? I'm a Winner? Yeah!!

I : But remember, simply letting others off does NOT really help them.
They've to learn from their Own Mistakes.

Fate
Learning from Oneself
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment