Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Good Intention, Bad Outcome

I'd asked my Elder Boy why I would share my lottery money with three of them ONLY.

He was NOT sure.

So, I told him a real life story.

In US, there was a man won a lottery.
He then shared the money with everyone around him.
His wife, his children, his siblings, his relatives, his friends etc. etc.

But, everyone around him was NOT happy.

Because they're comparing.
They're asking why others got more than them.
Asking the Winner,
"How could she get more than I when I'd known you Longer than her?"
"How could he get more than I when I'd helped you More than him?"

In the end, the Winner was also NOT happy.

So, rather than just handing out money to others when they do NOT need it, we better wait.
We wait until they desperate need the money for urgent matters.
We then come in and give them the financial help when it's most needed.
Then, they will be very happy.

I've also used the story to remind my Elder Boy of the need to,
"Think like Others - Putting Yourself in others' Shoes"

Understand Oneself, Understand Others - making everyone Happy Together.

Fate
Everyone Deserves a Good Outcome
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment