Saturday, July 18, 2009

Question

My 6-year-old Younger Boy asked me an interesting question this morning.

"Dad, do you prefer a Slow Death or a Sudden Death?"

I : What about you, which one do you prefer?

B : I prefer a Sudden Death.

I : Why?

B : Because I do not have to see all these blood, intestine......coming out.

I : And?

B : And I could just fall ...like a tree trunk.

I : And?

B : And then fly up to the sky...

I : And then?

B : Just stay up in the sky.

I : Why did you ask me this question?

B : Because XXX (my Elder Son's name) told me he preferred Sudden Death."

I : Alright, I talk to you two about this again during breakfast, ok?

(I was brushing my teeth when being asked & the tooth paste started dripping as we talked)

While having breakfast, I brought up the subject again.

I : Why did you prefer a Sudden Death?

Elder Boy : Because there will be NO pain.

Younger Boy : I prefer living.

I : But everyone dies. Remember the saying & lyrics in the "Lion King"? Circle of Life?

Both Boys : Yes.

I : Life is a Circle. Just like sunrise, sunset, high tide, low tide..... and Life never ends actually. I could be a Dog Next Life.

Elder Boy : Yes, I might be a Dog Last Life.

Younger Boy : I may be a Pig Next Life.

Everyone started to laugh.

Fate
Life goes on and on ......
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com
I later learnt from my wife my boys learn the term "Sudden Death" from the TV programme, Masterchef, during which a contestant will be immediately eliminated if they fail to name an ingredient in a presented dish. One of us always watching TV with our children and it pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment