Saturday, July 11, 2009

Talk

My Elder Boy was recently given a letter "J" by his teacher.
He was required to give a short talk the following day.

My Elder Boy decided to make up a story about "Jaguar".
His story went as follows :-

"Once upon a time, there was a Jaguar and he ran very fast.
But one day while he was running, he found a Cheetah ran faster next to him.
So, the Jaguar went to visit a Wizard, asking the Wizard to change him to a Cheetah.
His wish was granted.
The following day, he ran past all the other Jaguars.
But 20 seconds later, every Jaguar ran past him!
The Jaguar realised Cheetah could only run faster than him for 20 seconds!

"This story has reminded us,
Everyone has something Good inside them.
We do not need to change ourselves."

I told my Elder Boy it was a Great story.
And when he returned home the next day, I asked him how he went.

I was surprised to hear he had changed the topic at the last minute.
Instead of giving a short talk about "Jaguar", he had changed to talk about a classmate.
Whose name began with a "J".

He had talked about how Kind this "J" sometimes could be, What this "J" is good at.
Even though this "J" had, on a few occasions, been harsh Verbally to my Elder Boy.

I asked my Elder Boy why he did it.

He replied,
"I think it's better to say some good things about "J", so that it would be better for our relationship."

I smiled.
Because I was Happy.
Because I knew my Elder Boy has grown.

Fate
EQ is More Important than IQ
www.fatesecrets.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fate~~

    Hope you are doing well.
    It's always very sweet when i read the conversation between your boys & you. I can feel your love & care for your family from the lines. I'm sure you are a very very good father!!!
    Keep it up~~~~ & best wishes to you & your beloved family~~~~~

    Kind Regards,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete